At Three Wire, we enhance health related support, transition services, education delivery, and more using telecommunications technologies and innovation.
For special military populations such as service members leaving active duty, national guard, reservists, veterans in rural communities, and other at-risk individuals, very often the support and resources they need are restricted by provider distance, limited availability, navigational complications of a remote location, and a lack of general understanding. Geographical location and physical mobility should never limit access to care.
We bridge that gap through our innovations in healthcare service delivery by breaking down the barriers with telehealth and virtual support. Three Wire:
- Designs and launches interactive models that leverage social media, mobile technology, and biometric data to bring services to rural individuals where they live.
- Delivers personalized, timely, and targeted virtual coaching services to hard-to-reach populations such as rural veterans and their families.
- Has credentialed coaches, 58% of whom have veteran/military backgrounds and understand the stressors facing rural veterans.
- Provides coaching services using Milestone Velocity to track and report measurable outcomes.
In supporting the Army with their Soldier for Life Transition Assistance Program (SFL-TAP), a mandatory requirement for service members leaving active duty, Three Wire helped contain the cost of complex logistics and made training accessible to these service members no matter their geographical location. The result is a solution that sees monthly traffic ranging from 1,500 to 3,000 service members per month, saving the Army tens of thousands of dollars in costs.
Three Wire provides:
- A global footprint
- Technology infrastructure to provide 24/7/365 support
- Two established contact centers with high call volume capability
- Trusted program leadership with proven experience